Monday, March 19, 2007

S'otters...aka saw the otters...

So I S'otters yesterday at the Elkhorn Slough. The night before I had a Caleb & a Noah wanting to go to the Slough with me. But come yesterday morning I get "Dad, I don't want to go." Sheez. Anyway...Went out about an hour before the predicted high tide. T'was easy to head out. There's a pack of otters that hang out about 1.5 miles from Moss Landing Harbor. I did observe something this week. When I was at the harbor last week there was the otter I called Flip. Flip was much more used to boat traffic & noises & such as Flip just laid there chopping on his/her food whilst I drifted nearby & watched. The otters at the Slough however are quite skiddish & if you so much as look at them they go hide under water not to be seen again for a long time. Till the wind picked up the Slough was smooth as glass.

Until later comes turning it up to drifting.

No comments: